Being a part of the Olympics is always a thrilling journey filled with determination, passion, and perseverance. For many athletes, it represents the pinnacle of their sporting careers, and they dedicate years of hard work and sacrifice to qualify and compete on the world stage. Among the impressive group of Olympic hopefuls are 11 Airmen who are members of the Department of the Air Force World Class Athlete Program (#WCAP). This program has consistently produced world-class competitors who exemplify excellence, on and off the field. Five of the 11 athletes already qualified for the Olympic trials.
Athletes that have qualified for the Olympic trials are :
- Maj. Daniel Rich, San Antonio, TX – Shooting
- Capt. Jaci Smith, Colorado Springs, CO- Marathon
- 2nd Lt. Wen Zhang, Phoenix, AZ- 200 Meter Freestyle Swim
- SrA. Michael Mannozzi, San Diego, CA- 35-Kilometer Racewalking
- A1C Daniel Michalski, Colorado Springs, CO – 3000-Meter Steeplechase
The remaining Airmen continue to compete around the world in hopes of earning a spot on Team USA. To read more, visit the Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center Public Affairs News.
Paris I France I 2024
26 July – 11 August