Your interaction with this website is not anonymous. By using this website, you are consenting to the monitoring of your activity. Raw data logs will only be used to identify individual users and their usage habits for authorized law enforcement investigations, national security purposes, or investigation of Air Force Portal performance issues.
We collect no information about you, other than information automatically collected and stored when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information to us.
We do not collect personally identifiable information (PII) about you unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- Any personal information you chose to provide is protected by security practices.
- Non-personal information related to your visit to our website may be automatically collected and temporarily stored.
- We do not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about our visitors unless required for law enforcement or by Federal law.
Privacy Act Information
The Privacy Act of 1974 Visit disclaimer page requires us to
- Limit the collection of personal information about U.S. citizens and legal residents to information that is necessary to carry out an agency function and to collect Social Security numbers only when legally authorized.
For more detailed information on AF-NAFI Activities privacy, see these topics below:
- Personal Information Voluntarily Given to AFSVC
- Interaction with Children Online
- Visiting an Official AFSVC / FSS Page On Third-Party Websites
- Information Automatically Collected and Stored
- Website Security
- Changes to this Policy
Personal Information Voluntarily Submitted to AFSVC
If you choose to provide this site with personal information, including entering information into your user profile, please be advised that other Air Force Portal users may be able to view this information depending on the privacy settings in your profile. You may choose to block your entire profile from view or allow other portal users to view your profile. The default setting is to allow other users to see your profile. If your profile is not blocked, other users will be able to view your name, portal ID, email address, DSN phone number, commercial phone number, branch of service, grade, and rank. You can choose to expose elements of your profile to all Portal users, to your network, or to no one. Profile elements for which you control exposure include your nickname, birthday, base, organization, AF Specialty Code, education, training & certifications, goals & training planner, network connections, groups and workspaces.
Interaction with Children Online
AFSVC will take all reasonable steps necessary to protect the privacy and safety of any child from whom information is collected, as required by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). A child’s parent or guardian is required to provide consent before CYP collects, uses, or shares personal information from a child under age 13.
Visiting an Official AFSVC Page on Third -Party Websites
We maintain accounts on third-party websites, such as social media sites, as tools to better interact with our authorized patrons. The security and privacy policies of third-party websites apply to your activity on those sites. Users of third-party websites often share information with the general public, user community, and/or the third-party operating the website. You should review the privacy policies of all websites before using them and ensure that you understand how your information may be used. You should also adjust privacy settings on your account on any third-party website to match your preferences.
Common third-party website in use include:
Information Automatically Collected and Stored
We will only share the information you give us with another AF Activities if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law. We collect information for advertisement and marketing purposes. While you must provide an e-mail address for a response other than those generated automatically in response to questions, comments, or feedback that you may submit, we recommend that you NOT include any other personal information, especially Social Security numbers. The Social Security Administration offers additional guidance on sharing your Social Security number.
For site management, information is collected for analytical and statistical purposes. Government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
The site uses session cookies, i.e., tokens that remain active only until you close your browser, for site management. Information is collected for analytical and statistical purposes, and no personal information is collected using this technology. Government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site. The help information in your browser software should provide you with instruction on how to disable session cookies.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, government computer systems employ software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Changes to This Policy
Information Automatically Collected and Stored
When you browse through any web site, certain personal information about you can be collected. We automatically collect and temporarily store the following information about your visit:
- The name of the domain you use to access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are using an American Online account, or stanford.edu, if you are connecting from Stanford University’s domain)
- The date and time of your visit
- The pages you visited
- Type of browser used and
- The address of the web site you came from when you came to visit
We use this information for statistical purposes and to help us make our site more useful to visitors. Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, no additional information will be collected about you. ACF will record your email address if you send a message by email. Your email address will be temporarily stored and will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it. Your email address will not be added to any mailing lists without your consent by way of a specific request in writing.
Web Measurement and Customization Tools
AFSVC uses specific software and features for marketing and advertisement for FSS/ MWR activities. AFSVC does not have control over advertisement served on other websites. AFSVC uses the following software and features:
- Widgets: AFSVC offers widgets that provide specific AF-NAFI website content to any website where the widget code is implemented. You can install an AFSVC widget on any website simply by using adding the AFSVC provided code to a website’s source HTML code. If you choose to install AFSVC widgets, they will not collect any type of Personally Identifiable Information from you.
- Was this helpful?: AFSVC uses a survey tool to collect feedback from AF-NAFI website visitors in an ongoing effort to improve web content. The tool is implemented on AF-NAFI websites as on-page surveys. AFSVC uses survey results to measure visitor satisfaction with our websites. This survey tool does not require users to submit personally identifiable information. The survey reports are available only to AFSVC/FSS marketing personal and digital engagement administrators.